It’s that time of year to participate in the Get Your Rear in Gear 5k Run/Walk!
We would love to see you participate in this event as it is sponsored by our Wake Gastro department. By attending this event you are not only supporting Wake Gastro with your participation, you are supporting the Colon Cancer Coalition and their mission to prevent more lives from being cut short by colorectal cancer.
WHEN: Saturday, MAY 1ST
WHERE: WakeMed Soccer Park | 201 Soccer Park Dr, Cary, NC 27511
TERRAIN: Route is on gravel, grass, and trail
SCHEDULE: 8:45 a.m. – Kids’ Fun Run
9:00 a.m. – 5K Timed Run
9:00 a.m. – 5K Walk
PARTICIPANTS THAT SIGN-UP ONLINE BY MARCH 31ST ARE GUARANTEED A 5K T-SHIRT, AS WELL AS, A TEAM T-SHIRT TO WEAR DURING THE RUN/WALK.
Due to COVID-19, there will be changes in place to keep everyone safe.
- There will be a staggered start with assigned times. As of right now, the first 100 registrants will be in WAVE ONE. If we fill up WAVE ONE we will open WAVE TWO starting at 10:00 a.m. If restrictions change we will adjust waves.
- There will be no water out on the course. We will supply bottled water and pre-packaged food at the finish area.
- All staff and volunteers will have masks and gloves.
- Participants will be required to wear a mask in the event area but not on the course.
- There will be extra handwashing stations and hand sanitizer around the start and finish.
- There will be no awards ceremony. TIMED runner awards will be mailed out following the race.
- THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- Follow this link to register for the Wake Gastro Team, the “Wake Gastro Gut Runners”: https://donate.coloncancercoalition.org/raleigh
- Click on “Register” then enter your preferred email to begin registration. Continue entering your information until you have completed the entry payment. Make sure you search and join our “Wake Gastro Gut Runners” team.
- Email your registration confirmation to the Team Captain, Amanda Bowman (email@example.com), with your team t-shirt size.