Undergraduate: University of Maryland at College Park, MD
Medical School: Medical College of Virginia
Internship: University of Maryland at Mercy Medical Center, MD
Residency: University of Maryland at Mercy Medical Center, MD
Fellowship: Gastroenterology at the University of Texas Medical School and M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX
Membership (Past or Present):
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine
Board certified: Gastroenterology
Dr. Ender began practicing gastroenterology in 1993. He has served as an instructor to medical students and residents at the University of North Carolina program at WakeMed Hospital. His clinical interests include colorectal cancer prevention, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and chronic liver disease. He is currently a member of the endoscopy committee at Rex Hospital.
Dr. Ender is active in the community and donates his time as a physician volunteer with the Project Access program of Wake County. Additionally, he is a member of the Triangle Community Foundation and serves on the board of several local charities.