Charles F. Barish, M.D.
Undergraduate: University of Florida, FL
Medical School: University of Florida College of Medicine, FL
Internship: Wake Forest University School of Medicine, NC
Residency: Wake Forest University School of Medicine, NC
Fellowship: Gastroenterology at Wake Forest University, NC
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology
- Fellow, American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Medical Association
- Wake County and North Carolina Medical Societies
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Medical Society
Board certified: Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology
Dr. Barish joined Wake Gastroenterology/Wake Internal Medicine Consultants in 1985 and also founded Wake Research Associates the same year. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine with the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. Dr. Barish has become a respected thought leader in both the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industry. He has authored and co-authored numerous articles regarding gastrointestinal disease in various medical journals and books. Dr. Barish treats most GI disorders but has a particular interest and expertise in the diagnosis and management of inflammatory bowel disease.